Could video take your brand to the next level?
Video content brings in 3 times as many monthly visitors to a website as other content, and users spend an average of 88% more time on a website that includes video. Furthermore, research by Entrepreneur.com shows that organic traffic from search engines increases by 157% with video and that consumers are 46% more likely to seek information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video. Lastly, after watching a product video, statistics reveal that consumers are 85% more likely to make a purchase, and will have 57% more confidence in that online purchase simply because of the video. Convinced yet?
Video content is undeniably the boost your company needs, but we’re here to show you that it’s not as complicated as you might think. Here are five steps that will help revolutionize your video content:
- Know your audience. Begin by being vigilant on social media. See how users react to posts and actively engage with them on all platforms. Surveying your followers, subscribers, and users is also a great way to get to know your customers. You can also create a branded hashtag, and diligently follow how consumers use it.
- Stay loyal to your brand. What are your brand objectives? They should encompass the image, personality, and characteristics of your company. With strong brand objectives, you can build credibility and influence more customers to purchase from you, and you could be seen as a leading company.
- Make it Emotional. As you are the content creators, is it vital that you recognize exactly what style, behavior and emotional direction you want in the video. One of the easiest ways to identify this is by pursuing the list of ‘18 psychological responses’ Christina Desmarais of Unruly Marketing created. For example, out of happiness, inspiration, hilarity, contempt, disgust, sadness, pride, nostalgia,fear, or anger, how do you want your audience to feel at the end of the video?
- Share your content. Once your video is live, be sure your consumers know about it. The more you share, the more value your video accrues, and don’t be afraid to get creative. Repackaging that video and presenting it differently across multiple platforms will help appeal to a mainstream target market.
- Analyze. After you’ve drained the video for all it’s worth, sit back and review its success. Evaluate all the metrics, focusing mainly on audience, expression and participation. Ask yourself, Did I pick the right target audience? Did I earn a good amount of subscribers? How many click-throughs did I get? How many shares did I receive? Once you have analyzed, learn from your successes and mistakes, and do it all over again.